Friday, April 13, 2012

anybody know the progress of the Wilmington bypass?

I%26#39;m wanting to use I-40 but probably won%26#39;t until this bypass is completed southbound...has anyone gone through there lately?



anybody know the progress of the Wilmington bypass?


This is what I found in paper about Bypass





';';He added that his top priority now was finishing the U.S. 17 Wilmington Bypass, also known as the Northern Outer Loop, in Brunswick County.





While the section from U.S. 421 to U.S. 74-76 is funded, the final leg from U.S. 74-76 back to U.S. 17 has only secured money for property acquisition.





The bypass stretch from Porters Neck to U.S. 421 opened this summer.';';



anybody know the progress of the Wilmington bypass?


I came down from Raleigh a couple months ago and as I recall I got the bypass right off of I40 and it dumped me onto 421 on the other side of the Cape Fear up above the Battleship Memorial. It was definitely better than getting off at the Castle Hayne exit and taking the back roads over to 421 and 17. My 2007 version of Streets %26amp; Trips doesn%26#39;t even show the proposed road yet! :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment