Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What to do at Christmas

Hello,



My family will be staying in Holden Beach over Christmas (12/21 - 12/27). Every year I plan a mystery outing. We have gone to dinner, or the theatre, and last year we went snow tubing (obviously not this year!). Since we will be in Holden Beach, I can plan something north in Wilmington, or south in Muyrtle Beach. What can you suggest?



Thanks!



What to do at Christmas


Well, maybe take the ferry from Southport over to Ft. Fisher, the NC Aquarium there might be open, its very nice!...Then drive on up to Wilmington, tour the Battleship there.



What to do at Christmas


If you are going to be in Myrtle Beach over the Christmas, DO NOT MISS Brookgreen Gardens, south of Myrtle. Fantastic gardens and lights.




Being I am an Ohio native myself, I can relate to wanting to get away! LOL I moved here to Wilmington permanently. I would take the family around to the historic sites. Alot of them are free. Like FT Fisher, there is also an aquarium across the road from the fort. There is a cheap ferry that takes u over to Southport and they have some quaint shops. Downtown, Wilmington is fun to stroll around and they have a Paddle wheel boat and horse drawn carriages down there. I would just order the vacation info online or search engine Wilmington..have fun!




It may be a stretch from where you want to be but Broadway at the Beach has a lot of attractions in one spot. (Imax, aquarium - much better than Ft. Fischer, shopping, Planet Hollywood...) I second the Brookgreen Gardens vote. Also, you may want to try a show at the Dixie Stampede, The Palace or Alabama Theater or Sunday brunch at The House of Blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment