Monday, April 23, 2012

Re-Location

I will be moving to the Charleston area Nov 12th from Key West,FL,



I work as a carpenter at NAS Key West and will relocate to NWS Charleston.





I have two main concerns, one is to find 3 bed 2 bath rental home, maybe 15 to 20 min from the base? What area woud that be?





My second concern is finding a high school for my 17 yr old daughter who is in her seinor year, (she is a B average student )The research I have done has it narrowed down to Goose Creek High or Smmerville High? But if I left a school out , please any help with this I would greatfull, as you can imagine my daughter is having trouble with this move (she hates me) so any info on a school to help make this transition a little less painfull for her would great!





THANKS,



Rick



Re-Location


NWS Charelston



Re-Location


Bless you both. I know how hard this transition can be. I was moved to Ft. Myers, Fla, (from KY) mid freshman year of high school. I certainly understand. 25 years later I can attest - I survived - and so will your daughther. And she won%26#39;t hate you forever. I promise.





I hear wonderful, wonderful things about the Summerville school district.





Housing opportunities are abundant right now, you should do well finding a rental home. Check Dorchester Rd., from Wescott Plantation (in N. Charleston, but I beleive in Summerville High school district) out towards Summerville. Map the zip code 29485 or 29483.





Best wishes for a bright future!




Hi Rick,





My husband and I have kids and we work overseas, so we understand deep in our souls what it takes to move. It is not easy, but kids start appreciating the change a little later.





Anyway, I was curious about your post cause we are considering buying some property in Charleston and we have been asking ourselves the same questions-where ?





We are interested in knowing which area suits average people the best, what are the rental prices, what are downsides of each area, what would good rentable terms be for you?





Any info you provide us with will be much appreciated.





Good luck and all the best to the entire family.





Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment