Monday, April 16, 2012

Travel Breaks along I-77 South

We are going from Stow Ohio to Myrtle Beach via I-77 and because one of our drivers has one eye he cannot drive straight through. Therefore I am looking for truck stops or rest areas where we can stop with our trailers and get some shut eye for a few hours. I figured that we could map out three different locations and stop at whichever one we need to get some sleep. Does anyone have a good spot to stop at with 25 foot trailers between Charleston and Bluefield off of I-77 South.



Travel Breaks along I-77 South


I%26#39;d suggest the Tamarack Travel Plaza in Beckley. Acres of truck parking for the big rigs. Plenty of room for a couple of campers. Might want to park way in the back for a little less noise.



Travel plaza has all the usual conveinience store fare along with a couple fast food places. On the hill is the Tamarack store/shop. Not sure how to describe it but it%26#39;s full of WV made crafts. Even some shops where the crafts are made while you watch.



Rest of the way south you have several rest areas. First one is a few miles into VA. Second will be at the foot of Fancy Gap as soon as you enter NC. Another before you hit Statesville. If you stay on 77 into SC there are two in SC.



Rest areas on I-20 were being re-done last summer. One was closed and another was cars only. Hopefully by next summer they will be open again. If not, there is a Pilot Travel Plaza at the Lugoff exit. If you follow the beach route signs around Florence there is another Pilot at exit 170 on I-95.



Travel Breaks along I-77 South


Thre is a Flying Jay%26#39;s in Rock Hill, SC. It is about 3 1/2 from Myrtle Beach. It is exit 73.





It is new and clean. They have spots just for campers to park up front.




Yes, the Travel Plaza/Tamarack would be a perfect place to pull off.



You can sleep in your vehicle with no problems. They even have



shower facilities. And do check out Tamarack if you have a chance.



This area is right between Charleston and Bluefield in Beckley (exit 43 I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment