Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Is Sea Island Inn my best bet?

I%26#39;m in the process of choosing a hotel for my whole family(myself,husband,kids,parents,sister,bro,their kids,etc...).We like to stay in really nice hotels. When we go on vacation we don%26#39;t mind spending the extra money on great accomodations.We went to myrtle about 2 yrs ago and stayed at the Carribean resort and villas.We loved the location and the rooms were decent. I was looking at Sea Island Inn. The website looks great. How close is it to Broadway at the beach(this is our favorite place to visit.)? Any other suggestions? We%26#39;d like to stay close to broadway, really nice rooms, and somewhere that the kids would love( where theres lots of water activities). Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Is Sea Island Inn my best bet?

As you may know, B@B is in the south end.

Never stayed there, but the Hampton Inn %26amp; Suites Oceanfront (at 18th Ave. S) gets high praises (in fact, it%26#39;s rates #2 for all of MB in T-advisors%26#39; hotel rankings).

There is also a Hampton Inn right AT B@B.

(E-town! I%26#39;ve done work for Century Spouting %26amp; @ Masonic Homes)

Is Sea Island Inn my best bet?

We stayed at Sea Island last summer, two adults and two children, and were blown away. The units are huge. The master bedroom ensuite had a two-person jacuzzi tub and walk-in shower, double sinks and tons of counter space and storage which is standard. TV in each of the three bedrooms we had, plus bathroom. Beautifully decorated and comfortable. Spacious dining area with a table for 12. Huge kitchen with lots of cupboards, dishwasher, icemaker in the fridge, all standard. Bring your own non-stick cookware as there is none. It%26#39;s in a quiet residential area so the beach isn%26#39;t so busy, the pools are always clean and not overcrowded (we were there in August). Not a lot you can walk to in terms of restaurants or amusements and definitely not close to BATB. On the down side, check-in can be really slow (depending on time of year) as front counter is small. They don%26#39;t let you have baggage carts. Restaurant on-site is pricey but good if you want to splurge for a dinner. Staff is first-rate.

If you want something closer to BATB, look at The Breakers Paradise Resort. Nice condos but way too busy at the pools for our liking. Breakers regular suites have really gone downhill, in my opinion, after having stayed there many times over 20 years. Look at their North Boutique hotel for something cheaper and quieter.

Kevin


I looked at the web site for the Hampton Inn and Suites and it looked lovely, is this hotel close to broadway?Within mins.? How far is sea island away from broadway? I%26#39;ve only been to myrtle beach once and I%26#39;m so excited to go back, like i said my whole family really liked broadway so we%26#39;d like to stay pretty close, short drive away, thanks so much for your imput.

jess.


I recently stayed at Sea Island and I have a review here on TA. It%26#39;s very convenient to BATB - go straight our 67th Ave ( at the hotel) and turn left onto 17. It%26#39;s ten minutes. Sea Island is a cut above most properties at MB- with the possible exception of Marriott Grande Dunes. Best wishes.


Hey Broncoslover,

I recently stayed at the Southwind Resort at 53rd ave north and the Beach. It is truly a top rate facility, and I believe that it is a sister facility to the Sea Island which is located about a mile further north.

My selection came down to those 2 when we were considering accomodations. I believe you would be more than satisfied with either. I think the Southwind may be marginally more affordable in comparison.

Southwind is approximately a 5 minute drive from Broadway. Sea Island is an extra couple minutes.....

Good Luck

Gorski


We stayed at Sea Island and it was a short drive to Broadway ...not bad at all.It was worth it because the place is very very nice.We have stayed at Breakers Paradise Towers in the past and also found it way too crowded for our taste too.But I think Sea Island is much nicer.With all the little connector roads you can get anywhere very quick!


You should consult a good map of the area...if you%26#39;re an AAA member they have a very good free one.

Broadway at the Beach is NOT ';at the beach,'; so you would have to drive from ANY beachfront property. But to say Sea Island is very convenient to B@B is stretching the truth. This property is in the north end of MB (The Avenues, as they call it). With traffic that%26#39;s probably a minimum of 15 min. away.

The closest hotels would be in the low # streets of North Ocean Blvd. or any on South Ocean Blvd.


I take offense to your claim of ';stretching the truth';. I have a job that requires me to keep my travel time and miles so I do it even on vacation.LOL. I came in Sept and my times were for the ';off'; season. It only took us about 25 minutes to get all the way down to Murrell%26#39;s Inlet by going up and hitting the bypass( it is only about 20 miles)...because we eat there almost everynight.We could be a Broadway with no trouble.. it is only four miles.Going one block can be a mess in season.Just because my experience was different does not make me not telling the truth.


I%26#39;ll have to back you up on that one LaLa14!! I agree that the ride to B@B is realistically only a few minutes. maybe an extra 3 minutes than if you were staying beachfront around 25th ave north.

Once you have to get in your car, the extra time is negligible, especially if you vacation in the off season..

Go For It Bronks!


As I stated above - we drove from Sea Island to BATB in ten minutes - this was in November - off season. Easy and no problem.

  • icons for myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment