Monday, April 23, 2012

palace resort any good rooms?

We are staying at the palace resort Oct. 13/06 thru to Oct. 21/06.



I%26#39;m thinking the worse. Has anyone gone recently. We are staying in a sun suite and would like any recommendations as to what room to ask for. We want a non smoking room and CLEAN.





palace resort any good rooms?


I would avoid the palace hotel like the plague.......We stayed there once and it was a dump! The fold out be was broken so one corner of the bed sagged below the frame. They actually fixed where the carpet was separating from the tile with duct tape. We had to lie and say we had a family emergency so we could check out early



palace resort any good rooms?


This was the worst place I have ever stayed in MB in my 33 plus years.I would never stay there again even if they PAID ME!




I cannot say from personal experience but I am sorry to say I have heard negative things about the Palace. From what I understand it%26#39;s very old and run down. I%26#39;m sorry, just being honest and like I said I cannot say anything about it from personal experience, this is just what I have heard.




As the owner of a 1 bedroom of at the Palace, I would suggest that you always request to see any room before you check. This is not just a rule for the Palace but it should be a general rule you use where ever you stay.



As an owner, my wife and I stay at the condo at least three times during the year, with the sole purpose of providing the TLC that includes touching up paint, or if required, completing repainting walls, or entire room, replacing items that have been broken, or have come up missing, cleaning windows, doing a complete cleaning from top to bottom.



During the past two years, we have replaced our living room, bedroom suite, all major appliances in the kitchen, knife, forks, spoons, china, and the list goes on. We are not alone, there are many new owners at the Palace that takes a lot of pride in their Condo%26#39;s, and have put in the time, effort, and dollars to bring their units up to date. After all, if your not happy, your not going back, and trust me, we want you back, year after year, after year.



In addition, we leave a guest book that allows our guest to provide there comments, not only to us, but to any guest that stays in the Condo. The first thing we do during our visit is to review the guest comments and make sure they are addressed first. If there comments of a general nature about the front desk, the general areas, restaurant, etc, then we notify the appropriate parties to make them aware of our guest comments, and trust me, I don%26#39;t hold back.



As for the reviews you read at this site, and other sites, please keep in perspective that there are well over 300 Condo%26#39;s in the Palace, and when you factor in the amount of folks that come and go throughout the year, you need to factor that number in when you look at complaints.



Based on the comments we have received in our guest book, I am proud to say that well over 90% of the guest have left excellent comments. Unfortunately all of the good that have ben done by many of the new owners are being overshadowed by a handful of bad owners.





Regards,





Owner Unit 309





PS: Our%26#39;s is a non-smoking unit.






Just to clarify my post I WASN%26#39;T just talking about the rooms.The pools were nasty. The service was rude.Even the common area were dirty. In fact as yucky as my room was it was not even the worse part of the hotel.




Concerning the rude service, I%26#39;m just curious, did you book you room through the Front Desk or across the street. Just as an FYI, at many of the Condo%26#39;s thoughout the MB area, owners rent through different agencies. Therefore if you run into an issue, report it to the front desk, but the booking was off site, then the issue should be resolved by that offsite agency. of course, no guest should ever be treated rudely. The owners pay a hefty amount to the various rental agencies to rent their units, and as an owner, my expecation is those agencies to handle each and every guest with the utmost respect.



As for the pools being dirty, I can only say that when I have been at the site, things seems reasonably clean. Of course my stays are normally a few days at a time, and normally off season.



As for the common areas being dirty, I have seen a comment or two in my guest book, and anytime I see those type of comments, they are direct to the Managment company that oversees those areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment