Monday, April 23, 2012

Driving from NY to MB Need help!

I will be driving down to Myrtle Beach along with my wife, 4 children, my sister and my niece, staying at Sheraton Broadway Plantation for 7 nights. We will be there from 6/24/2007 - 7/1/2007. We are planning on leaving New York on 6/23 so that I can stop and stay over night somewhere prior to our arrival in Myrtle Beach on the 24th. I was hoping you could possibly suggest a clean, safe accommodation or some choices that would be about 4 - 6 hours away from Myrtle Beach, perhaps with things to do for the evening of the 23rd and not far from the main hwy. heading down. I would assume that would put me somewhere in N. Carolina? Any suggestions? I originally thought about staying 1 night in virginia, but it is only a 5 hour drive from NY %26amp; I was hoping to drive about 8 - 10 hours the first day and then stop so that I will only have to drive about 4 - 6 hours the next day after getting a good night sleep so that I%26#39;m not shot on day one in Myrtle Beach. Any suggestions would be appreciated.



Driving from NY to MB Need help!


Can%26#39;t help you much. We don%26#39;t travel from that direction. This time of year the messages boards slow way down and responses may be few and far between. You might try FunBeaches.com. Many links to Grand Strand information.



Here is link to the message board. Scroll down to Trip Reports. I saw at least one for Sheraton Broadway Plantation. Scroll down to directions and should find some for coming from NY.



http://www.funbeaches.com/forum/



Driving from NY to MB Need help!


Thank you! Will give it a try.




I would look at somewhere near the Asheville area ---- it may be a bit out of your way, but anywhere near the Smoky Mountains ---- its really pretty there, and a number of things to do in and around Asheville.





:)




Coming down I 95 your first two choices in NC would probably be Roanoke Rapids or Rocky Mount.



You have plenty of time before your trip to really pin point where you might end up. From what I have heard from others traveling down I 95, DC is the big road block. Have heard several suggestions for dealing with DC. What time you hit DC can make or break your trip. Saw some directions where people by-passing DC were crossing from Baltimore into Delaware and back over to 95 in VA. Keep that in mind.



You might want to set your sights on staying around Richmond. Even in Richmond. Have heard it debated. Straight through on 95 vs going around the by-pass. All depends on time of day.



You have 8 months to research all this. It%26#39;s all part of the fun........




I%26#39;d think Rocky Mount and Roanoke Rapids are too far.....you%26#39;ll be about 4-5 hours from your destination. If you chose between those 2, I%26#39;d choose Rocky Mount (US 64 exit)..... head to Winstead Ave. exit one mile east of I-40. The best accomendations and an Outback Steakhouse will be to the right off the ramp and Cracker Barrell and a nice diner and Harley shop are to the left. If you stay there, the best thing to do may be to head towards 301 north (left on 301) exit after getting a place to stay, it%26#39;s another mile east on US64 to the 301 exit, and go to the mall and movie theatres? Ashville is waaaaayyyy to far out of the way........ a little short but maybe be a good stopping point and the kids would love it is....King%26#39;s Dominion 20 miles north of Richmond. http://www3.paramountparks.com/kingsdominion/ but you%26#39;ll be 71/2 hours away. Lots of great Civil War battlefield parks along I-95 but you%26#39;d have to visit them during the day. Most of the interesting places to visit along 95 in NC would be 1-2 hours off the exit and if you went very far into NC....you might as well keep driving?




I would suggest the Hampton Inn in Stoney Creek virginia, or the sleep inn in stoney creek virginia. It is along 95-the Hampton Inn is clean but get a room to the BACK of the hotel because it is not far from highway.




I%26#39;m assuming that you are coming down I-95. If so we have stopped in Rocky MOunt nc. last year in july We stayed at a Holidy Inn which was reasonable and very clean . there are 3 exits in Rocky Mount and I think we got off at the first one. We were not looking for anything to do except relax and have dinner so we did not explore the area. We left around 9 am drove about an hour and then stopped for breakfast. We got into No. Myrtle beach around noon. Hope this has been some help.


  • makeup companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment