Monday, April 23, 2012

Westin or Marriott

Is Westin really as bad as so many reviewers claim? Planning trip to take tennis clinics at Port Royal Racquet Club so plan to stay at either Westin or Marriott Barony Beach. Can get good rate at both and have enjoyed stays at other Westin properties, but am concerned this one given such bad reviews. Please advise.

Westin or Marriott

I really liked it. We discovered it because of a conference we had to attend. That%26#39;s how we discovered HHI. We%26#39;ve been back 2x/year since then. I mostly stay at the Disney locale because I like the saltwater marsh and the 2 b.r. units.

But I have stayed at that Westin and liked it each time. The last time I walked through the Westin was August %26#39;06. It looked exactly the way it always did. The last time I stayed there was August %26#39;05 and enjoyed it very much. My kids actually prefer the Westin (the heavenly beds.)

Westin or Marriott

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza, the Hilton Oceanfront, and the Westin, and love the Westin! I have returned there several times. I, too, have read the negative reviews on TripAdvisor, and completely disagree with them. The staff are always helpful and available, the room is always clean, and the facilities are well-kept. The one time I had a problem with a room, they immediately sent a bellman up to move my stuff to another room. I%26#39;ve never stayed at the Barony, so I can%26#39;t comment on that one.


I have been to the Westin on Hilton Head several times and have never had a negative experience. I would say the quality is pretty comparable with other Westin resorts I have stayed at. I have not had any problems with service or experience. The only complaints I have about the property: the onsite food can be pricey (however this is not THAT problematic since there are many, many inexpensive offsite options and this is common among most hotels) and sometimes during the summer the pool area can become crowded with people who are not actually staying on property. I%26#39;m not sure if this is a problem at the Mariott as well, but since the hotel is so conveniently located on the beach people seem to wander up and take advantage of the hotel facilities.


Thank you all for your comments. The good news is we just returned from the Westin and had a delightful stay there. I would stay there again.

  • help with flat screen tvs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment