Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Best resort for young kids & 95 year old who uses a walker?

We want to celbrate my grandmother turning 95 in May by taking everyone to HH. Ideally I would love a place that had some activities for my 3, , %26amp; 8 year old so I could spend some time catching-up with my grandmother - we live in different states and somehow with the kids aroun I don%26#39;t get to do too much chatting... My grandmother uses a walker and has a bit of difficulty getting in and out of cars - she can make the trip but once we are there we would like to make things as easy as possible on her and have restaurants on site and a pool area that is handicap-accesible and not miles from her room. I looked into the disney resort but read somewhere that there was no dining on site. I know the beach requires a ride and/or bike but that would be fine. I was also looking at the Westin, Crowne Plaza, Mariott and Hilton - I think at least some of these have villas you can rent from owners - could we still use the kids club? Any help you can give would be gr8!



Best resort for young kids %26amp; 95 year old who uses a walker?


Chaylabird





If you read my sticky ';Plantations'; you should have an idea about the various resorts on the island.





We have three types of accomodations on the island. Hotels, Time Share Resorts, and Villa or Home Rentals.





I think the best bet for you would be one of the timeshare resorts. though as a non owner you will go through some sales hustle. The best of these are the Marriott resorts, with Grande Ocean, Barony Beach, and SurfWatch being ocean oriented. You can rent them by calling Marriott Reservations. They have what you need as far as childrens programs pools and such. You might also consider Monarch though it is an older property.





Other than hotels you need to travel to dine, or eat in. The Timeshare units and Rental units all have kitchens and cooking and eating utensils included. We have many fine restaurants on the island, so you shouldn%26#39;t leave without sampling them





Also when on the island take the kids to the Sandbox, our childrens museum.





Stan (hhiguy)

No comments:

Post a Comment