Friday, April 13, 2012

MB vs Florida Gulf beaches?

My family has always vacationed in Destin, Florida. We are considering MB this year. Any advice? Are the beaches as beautiful as the gulf? What about crowding and activities for a family of a 17 yr. old and 11 yr. old?



Thanks for any help!



MB vs Florida Gulf beaches?


Everything is subjective-we all have opinions as you can tell by the forum. I have had the good fortune of being able to travel alot as well as move alot. I lived on TX gulf coast for 5 years (I don%26#39;t recommend those beaches except South Padre), I have lived on NC Coast and now SC coast and grew up visiting every year either South FL or the FL gulf coast. MY OPINION and again someone will speak up and say I am crazy. As always. MB beaches and FL gulf coast beaches are not dissimilar. Our water is not blue like you find in Southern FL or carribean. The beachfront is renourished every so often, as every beach front community does. The sand is brown,not white like Pensacola. What give MB an edge is the number of family activiites. This is not a quiet beach front town AT ALL. We live here and love the night life, it is as good as any in this country. We have a themepark, putt-putts out the wazoo, many golf courses, shopping malls, outlet malls, water activities, fishing, boating, musical entertainment. You will not be bored I will promise you that. I am originally from St Louis, my dad%26#39;s from Jonesboro AK. I will always have an affinity for FL as it represents my childhood, but I have lived in SC since 1986 and coming to the SC coast since 1979.



MB vs Florida Gulf beaches?


Lots of things to do in the Grand Strand.....if it wasn%26#39;t a good vacation spot, it would not have the popularity it has. June - Labor Day is jamb packed but it is a Sun Fun destination and it is a great place to visit for vacation.




Gulf beaches aren%26#39;t as crowded as MB. The water isn%26#39;t the same color. The sand isn%26#39;t even the same color. The waves are even different. Seems to be a little more choppy at MB. More calm waters on the Coast.





MB can be very crowded during the season. Although we stay in an area that isn%26#39;t as crowded, getting to the attractions can be congested unless you use the other access roads and those can be confusing for a first timer.





Lots of activities. Golfing, theater, shopping, touring sites, museums, etc. Probably a little more than the coast would have. And it%26#39;s more ';touristy'; I think the kids would love MB. My favorite time to go is in late August. Although it%26#39;s pretty hot and humid, majority of the school system in some states are back in school. The water is nice and hot. The night time breezes are wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment