Monday, April 23, 2012

Anniversary Dinner Downtown or Mt Pleasant

I have read the posts here and reviews until I am overloaded with info, so I thought maybe a local suggestion or two might help.





We will be in Charleston (staying Mt Pleasant) on Nov 24 (Fri) and I%26#39;m looking for a nice place for fancier cuisine type dinner. Robert%26#39;s is a bit pricey and we are not big wine drinkers, but looking for similar type meal (not necessary price fixed). Not seafood (doing that at See Wee on Sat when bike ride the Swamp Fox trail).





We are more likely to go chicken or beef rather than game. After checking many menus 39 Rue de Jean looks OK, but might prefer a bit more upscale and the steaks looked good at Penisula with a sauce. Looking for continental or french type meal rather than southern (since we eat that often).





Would also prefer casual dress since we will probably be walking downtown prior to meal, but please let me know if business casual/jacket would be required and I can do that too.



Anniversary Dinner Downtown or Mt Pleasant


peninsula grill - priced so velow quality. fabulaous romantic setting. not casual though, no jeans and sneakers, kahkis and collared button down shirt fine, jacket preferred but not necessary. i love this place - the food is divine and presentation is top. make res now - hope they have seats available! happy anniversary



Anniversary Dinner Downtown or Mt Pleasant


I agree with bridgefan. P Grill would be great. And the dress that bridgefan suggested works. I just looked on opentable.com (online reservations that you can do) and they have a table open at 6pm and 8:45pm on the 24th, so you better hurry if you want reservations. 39 Rue De Jean is a good option, but for you special occasaion I would go with Pen Grill.




We decided on Rue de Jean, liked the menu selections better. I understand the dress here can be more casual. Is that true, can I get by with tennis shoes and comfortable dress. We will be walking around town that day and would prefer not to have to go back to hotel to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment