Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Christmas get together

Hi all,





We%26#39;re looking for a nice halfway point (NJ-FL) to meet my parents for Christmas. They like Myrtle Beach, and it does seem to be halfway.





Problems:





We have a dog, I also need to do some work while I%26#39;m there, so we have two requirements: pets must be allowed and there has to be some type of in-room internet access. Something suite-like would be nice for either my wife and I or my parents...





And something sub-$70 or so would be nice (or something priced more for someone looking to stay for 5+ days).





Condo/timeshares are OK as well if that works...





Personally I like newer places with nice new beds, somewhat modern furniture, etc.





I%26#39;m totally and completely unfamiliar with the area.





My folks normally stay at Dayton House and get a suite, they claim that%26#39;s around $50 (seems low, but I live near NYC, so anything sub $100 sounds cheap). Dayton House suggested Sea Mist for being pet-friendly, but there are some horrid reviews on that one here.





Looking for something geared towards adults, no kids on this trip.





Thanks!



Christmas get together


Can a mod please delete the dupe post? Thanks!



Christmas get together


Good news %26amp; bad news.......





The good news is, you will be very pleasantly surprised at the cost of hotel rooms %26amp; condos in MB over the winter months...Dec. %26amp; Jan. are the lowest rates of the year, even some in the $30-$40/nite range. Internet access should not be a problem either.





Now the bad news: Christmas week the rates will spike.



Your pet is going to restrict your choices quite a bit. Even properties that allow pets charge a healthy security deposit %26amp; many have a size limit.





There have been threads about this in the recent past, and I think I even recall one that gave a list of pet-friendly hotels in MB, but I can%26#39;t find it. Here%26#39;s one from a few months ago that may help:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g54359-i25-k802653…





(If the link doesn%26#39;t work just scroll to page 7).




You shouldn%26#39;t have any problems with the prices. MB is very inexpensive in the winter. It seems downright cheap comparing to NYC hotels.





Bad news is that if you prefer newer places with modern furniture Sea Mist is not the place to stay. I wouldn%26#39;t stay there ever.





Dayton House is clean %26amp; inexpensive. I stayed there in Sept. %26amp; would return. However, it isn%26#39;t newer %26amp; doesn%26#39;t have modern furnishings.




Try vrbo.com and look for pet friendly.




vacationrentals.com is another


  • loreal makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment