Monday, April 16, 2012

Curious: informal survey

I%26#39;m always interested in the trip reports that detail the food and attractions; my trips there were for three things only: ocean, ocean, and ocean!!! Do most go for the more commercial aspects (touristy things) or for the beach itself? Granted, there are more ';strictly beach'; shorelines, but this is the closest to me; also nice for it not to be completely deserted during off-season. Just wondering if it draws visitors who really aren%26#39;t that into the whole ocean scene!!!



Curious: informal survey


The beach is the first draw ( we like to sit on an oceanfront balcony and relax). But, if the weather is bad there%26#39;s always a show to go to. The shopping venus are fun too.



Curious: informal survey


It is the whole package for me. I vacation the same way with my family that I did with my parents: Ocean all day, pool late afternoon, dinner at someplace great, then some type of activity or back to the pool or balcony. The only thing we do different is we go out to breakfast because my child likes a ';full breakfast';...ceral just doesn%26#39;t work for him.LOL!



I have travelled all over the place but my best memories are from Myrtle Beach.Even when we go someplace else we still work in a trip to Myrtle too.



I quess it is just what you get used to.For instance I would never stay in a non oceanfront room but some people do! Or people that never leave the pool area to walk down to the beach...it happens!




For us it%26#39;s mostly the beach. Always stay ocean front. Lots of time on the beach. Either walking or just sitting in chair relaxing. Might read a book during off season trip. Summer trip usually a cooler and some beer involved. Spend some time at pool at high tide.



Not really into the attractions. We do make our trips to Barefoot Landing and Broadway At The Beach. Sometimes just to walk around and people watch. Grab an ice cream cone. Wife might buy something here and there. Not an every night thing on a trip.



Some nights we walk down the street to eat. Walk on the beach. Then just sit around and relax. That%26#39;s what a vacation is all about. Have discovered the less you do, the longer the week seems to last.



Have never made it to a show. Have talked about it but hasn%26#39;t happened yet. Haven%26#39;t really missed it. My day job, I always have people telling me where to be and what time to be there. Last thing I want on vacation is a reservation. Knowing on Monday I have to be somewhere on Wednsday just doesn%26#39;t fit in my idea of a vacation.



Not into the ';must eat there'; type of places. Have never had a meal worth waiting in line for an hour. Have found some ';off the beaten path'; places that are just fine for us. A sandwich at a small bar and grill or at an outside table watching the paople passing by is much more relaxing than the nicest place in town with a large noisy crowd.



We always try to stay in the same area. Two to three block walk to anything we need. Some days the car isn%26#39;t moved.




The next big thing to the beach is GOLF. Zillions of Golfers all year around. Even when it%26#39;s way too cold for the beach and shopping, there will be those that chase that little white ball.





That%26#39;s one big attraction. Mom and the kiddies can play on the beach or in the hotel pool and Pop gets to go try out different courses.




Good question otter...and I agree with most of the responses here.



Hubby and I go for the ';beach'; first, but kids like the attractions and excitement. This past summer we passed on MB and went to a MUCH quieter beach in NC...beautiful but very quiet. Kids were bored, spent most time in pool..or in the condo playing video games. Although they were bored, they never really complained, knowing that Mom and Dad were happy!;)



We too have never been to a show in MB, just Broadway and Barefoot and the pavillion area...and the resturants. Maybe next year



we may go back to MB, but stay away from the action, maybe NMB.



Oh and we always get an ocean front room, too....LOVE sitting on the balcony in the early morning or evening!



Truth be told, I go for the ocean, ocean, ocean also!!:)




Hi beachie!!!





We LOVE the beach... mostly the beach.. lots of activities for



the kids...





Last year we stayed at Barefoot Resort.. BEAUTIFUL!!!



beautiful pool, quiet.. we went to the beach only one day..



and I miss seeing the ocean every morning..




For me ocean, ocean, ocean.





But, vacation is a time for me to not cook %26amp; clean up, so restaurants, etc. are still a minor consideration. At home, we don%26#39;t often have time (or desire) at the end of a workday to dress up a bit, go have a cocktail %26amp; a nice dinner somewhere.





The commercial aspect such as amusements, putt-putt, etc. were much more important when we were vacationing with our kids.




For me it%26#39;s the atmosphere , it%26#39;s myrtle beach , it%26#39;s the people , it%26#39;s the place , it%26#39;s the night life , the beach , but above all it%26#39;s America ,,, and it%26#39;s away from the masses of English people that go to Florida ..



It%26#39;s certainly some where , where I wont be seeing my next door neighbour on the beach unlike in Florida ( no disrespect to Florida) but I like to go abroad and meet locals / tourists but not English people I see them and deal with them every day ..




Tell the truth, Harley-man:





I know from reading your previous posts the main reason you go to Myrtle Beach is for the time-share presentations! (HAHA!)




For me , it was mostly relaxing on the beach or balcony. We went up to Broadway at the Beach each night, mostly to just walk around and people watch. We enjoyed riding up and down Ocean Blvd. We had intentions on doing other things, but they never happened. Just too much wanting to relax

No comments:

Post a Comment