Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Medieval Times vs Dixie Stampede

Which of the two shows is most fun for kids and adults and best meal....bottom line, worth the bucks. Dixie Stampede or Medieval Times?



Medieval Times vs Dixie Stampede


Depending on what you like.



Dixie is exactly that. It%26#39;s more southwestern/Texas/Kentucky type stuff.





Medieval Times is exactly that. It%26#39;s like King Arthur type stuff which kids at some ages may not quite understand yet, unless they know the story.





Everyone knows about cowboys and bulls and that type stuff. The food is about the same. I think you get more options at Dixie





For kids under 15 Dixie would be better. Medieval would be suitable for kids a little over 12.



Medieval Times vs Dixie Stampede


We took 3 teen boys to Mediveal Times (their idea) a few years ago %26amp; they had a blast! It was corny, corny, corny but that%26#39;s what made it so fun. They still sometimes say ';m%26#39;lady';, etc.





Food was kinda so-so but I think that%26#39;s what you expect with most ';theme'; places. It wasn%26#39;t bad...just sort of generic.





Haven%26#39;t been to Dixie Stampede.




I agree with the MsMaryland. Medieval Times is a great show, and some wonderful stunts with the combat and such, but for real little tykes can be a bit ';scary';...especially the wizard. But I have had the older kids, say 10 and up love the show...its alot of action, and your cheering for your particular knight. The little girls love being little princesses (yes the gift shop will sell you all that ';princess wear';)...as for the meal, its decent,veggie soup, 1/2 chicken, some ribettes, broasted potatoes, garlic bread, and a pastry for dessert...with soda, coffee or tea.





At Dixie Stampede its a bit like a rodeo...I do love the pre-show they have in the ';saloon'; area. Some excellent horsemanship here, and alot of music. They do get some of the kids out of the audience to chase down pigs...and they do have ostrich races..you still are cheering on your team (its the north against the south) so instead of your section, its 1/2 of the arena. The food is very similar to Medieval Times..its a mini chicken (whole, like a cornish hen), corn, a really great bisquit, herb potato, soup and a turnover. Served with coffee, soda or tea.





Both shows are about equal time in length...and both are alot of fun!





:)




Dixie Stampede is 100% better than Midevil times. I liked dixie stampede better. Midevil Times show just anit my trhing. Dixie stampede is cool and I just liked it better. If you go to Dixie Stampede get the about 45 minutes early before the real show starts so that you can watch the pre-show because it is weel worth the time.





On a scale of 1-10 from me:



Dixie Stampede:10



Midevil TImes: 4




Dixie Stampede is 100% better than Midevil times. I liked dixie stampede better. Midevil Times show just anit my trhing. Dixie stampede is cool and I just liked it better. If you go to Dixie Stampede get the about 45 minutes early before the real show starts so that you can watch the pre-show because it is weel worth the time.





On a scale of 1-10 from me:



Dixie Stampede:10



Midevil TImes: 4




Thank you all for your responses, it really helped a lot. The kids are ages 12 and under so it looks like Dixie Stampede it will be!




Both are great shows and I, as well, agree with what MrsMaryland said. I personally like the food better at Dixie Stampede and yes, the preshow at Dixie is fantastic. I%26#39;m actually going to Dixie Stampede this evening!




I have been to both, and I would go to Medieval times again and not Dixie. My kids enjoyed MT much more . ( they are 8 and 10). We were a little worried about the 8 year old, but she had a blast rooting for her knight. Helped that '; her '; knight made a special effort to reward her wild cheering with a rose !




We second the vote for Medieval Times. Both shows were wonderful, but our family (12 yr boy/ 6 yr girl) prefered the Medieval Times. And Dad prefered the MT because they serve beer there, and I like a beer with my dinner.




Now I%26#39;m back to square one again.



Someone break the tie.......................please!

No comments:

Post a Comment