Friday, April 13, 2012

Must-see places and insider tips

I am making my dream come true and starting my 2-months road-trip across the US in mid-January. Both North and South Carolina are on my list. Never been to either state. It would be really great if you could provide me with some ';insider information'; of what to see and where to go. I don%26#39;t like the regular crowded tourist spots.





Thanks so much for your help.



Must-see places and insider tips


Hi,





I recommend Edisto Island South Carolina. It is a beautiful beach that is not too commerical. The shells are abundant and the loggerhead turtle is protected and respected.



Must-see places and insider tips


Not sure how you are coming thru the Carolinas, a good way to get a good feel for the coast of SC/NC is to take Hwy 17, its not the fast way around by any means, it winds thru all the coastal towns but you would certainly see many beautiful sights. You can also come I-40 thru TN (thru the Mts) into NC across to the East coast of NC, you can come down I-26 off of I-40 Asheville, down thru Spartanburg/Anderson to GA and see the upstate of SC and mountain area. Both states have mountain areas, flat lands, coastal areas, lots to see.




You must see Charleston%26#39;s historic district--there is no other place like it in the entire U.S.! It is incredibly beautiful. Make sure you have your camera because you will want to take a ton of pictures!




I am the writer and researcher for a publication called At-Ease. Its focus is ';things to do in South Carolina.'; Each month I cover the Upstate, ';Lowcountry,'; Myrtle Beach, Columbia and my area, Sumter. Visit www.at-ease.us to view the latest copy of At-Ease, which issues monthly. I hope you enjoy your visit to our part of the country!



I usually do write about ';the regular crowded tourist spots,'; so let me see if I can think of some places of local interest...Summerton Diner, in Clarendon county has great country cooking for a reasonable price. (see http://www.intrepidtraveler.com/travels/summerton.html) or (www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx鈥?/a>)



There%26#39;s a Bed and Breakfast on Park Street in Sumter, (http://www.bbonline.com/sc/sumter/)



that offers clean, cozy hospitality with a taste of Great Britain.



In the northwest part of South Carolina, near Table Rock Mountain, there%26#39;s a lovely place called Pumpkin Town, which has a row of log cabins -- Aunt Sue%26#39;s is a restaurant/old fashioned candy and ice cream shop; there is also a wood shop, antique store, stamp shop and more, but I THINK they are closed in the winter. Year-round, you can visit the breathtaking Caesar%26#39;s Head Mountain as well as Table Rock Mountain and Table Rock restaurant, but do be prepared for a crowd. See Charleston or Beaufort for the lowcountry!



email me at lsmith@theitem.com




Forgot about Caesar%26#39;s Head, use to ride our harley up there, it is nice, from there you have Cashiers, great town. Also have Blue Ridge Parkway, a beautiful drive. Unfortunately, winter months alot of things will be closed, but you will still find plenty to do. Good luck! Wish it was me

No comments:

Post a Comment