Friday, April 13, 2012

Dunes village or Grande Shores which one is best?

I know there is construction going on by Dunes Village resort but like my wife pointed out to me maybe there hotel would be less crowded. I dont think the construction would bother us since we are early risers. I also like the looks of Grande Shores though too. Which one would you pick? How busy is the beach at both of them? Does either one have a breakfast or a place to eat on the premises.



Dunes village or Grande Shores which one is best?


Grande Shores without question . Go for a condo on the the 7th floor or above , either oceanfront or north oceanview , both are fine . It%26#39;s the best place we%26#39;ve ever stayed on the Grand Strand ! . The beach is wide and clean , lots of open space to the north and not crowded . There is an on-site restuarant , it%26#39;s OK and convienient .



Dunes village or Grande Shores which one is best?


I certainly wouldn%26#39;t say Grande Shores without question as the previous poster. I have good feelings on both and each has positives.Dunes Village is brand new and there is no chance of getting a run-down unit that some owner has let go without out any upgrades for a number of years.





The beach is for the most part uncrowded at each.Dunes Village does have small restaurant on site.Not sure about Grande Shores.Dunes Village has a pretty impressive water park and I foresee many families with children booking there in the future.





The residential streets between Dunes Village and Rt.17 offer a real great option to those who like to walk or jog with many interesting houses and landscaping.





Dunes Village might cost a bit more.If its just you and your wife I would also check out the ocean front 1-bedrooms at Forest Dunes.



From the 7th floor on up to the 11th they offer some of the best views you can find on the Grand Strand.The amenities there are just not as good as those at the other 2 places.




tonymik,



I been leaning towards Dunes Village, I checked out the rooms online and they look really nice and if they just reopened this year Im sure they are. Also, I am taking my 2 boys 6 and 8 yrs old and I want the best hotel that they will have the most fun at and Dunes Village waterpark looks pretty awesome. Actually, I can get a delux eroom at Dunes Village with full kitchen for $410 for 2 nites (thats a 30% savings off reg price if I book early) but at Grande Shores if I want a full kitchen I have to get a 1 bedroom condo and it will cost $525 from what I have read on here I guess the regular hotel rooms is the old days inn they are a bit cheaper but you don%26#39;t get full kitchen. Is there any fun places to eat that is close to Dunes Village, we might eat dinner out each nite, don%26#39;t need anything fancy with kids but don%26#39;t want to eat at McDonalds either. Heard about Cheeseburger in Paradise. Thanks for your help.




DD, Carolina Roadhouse is good place to eat, its between 38th N and 48thN, right past La Quinta. Cheeseburger in Paradise is also close proximity and has good hamburgers, good frozen beverages as well. American Steakhouse is a buffet style restauant, good food and plenty to eat and K%26amp;W cafeteria, can%26#39;t go wrong, they are located next door to each other at 79th Ave N. Also close to Dunes. As for breakfast they are hundreds of pancake houses on every corner, all very reasonable. Sorry can%26#39;t help on the accomodations, I think you will be happy with either. Both of things to offer.




DD,



Although its about 7 miles north of Dunes Village I would go to Hamburger Joes accross from Barefoot Landing.Great burgers,also wings,grilled cheese,fries etc.Back porch has one of the best views you could expect to find anywhere in the area.





Then go over to Barefoot and if you enjoy wine,the Carolina Vineyards Winery offers 7 tastes of wine for only $2. Its a good deal.





Some people enjoy Dicks Last Resort where the theme is to deliberately treat you rude.Warning,this may not be for everyone.Some love it ,some hate it.They make up these tall white paper hats,write a saying on and slap them on your heads.My daughters read ';my butt itches and my finger stinks';.Get the idea.





Hard Rock Cafe usually impresses kids.





Some of my favorites are Seafood= Landry%26#39;s



Italian= Villa Mare



Baked Potato Soup and ribs= Carolina Roadhouse





Mexican= Fiesta Mexicana[ $2 margaritas]





Crab legs and other assorted shellfish= Captain Georges





Lunch= Try the [loaf of soup] at Atlanta Bread Company



No comments:

Post a Comment