Friday, April 13, 2012

MBConcierge I like dunes village resort

I was checking out Dunes Village resort and I really like the looks of it but have read some bad reviews on here about it. It looks like a much nicer resort for kids than Monterey Bay resort. If I book now I can get 30 percent off which would only cost about $20 more than Monterey Bay and that is for an oceanfront suite. What do you think would you choose Dunes village over Monterey Bay? What is Dunes Village close too? Any good places to eat with young kids, my boys will be 6 and 8 at the time we are there. Thanks for all your help, im sure this won%26#39;t be the last question. Im looking forward to coming to MB again!



MBConcierge I like dunes village resort


My family is also going to be visiting MB in may. I plan on booking at the Dunes Village also. I%26#39;ve done alot of research on location and activites( my boys are 5 and 3), Dunes Village looked like our best bet. From what I understand Dune village just reopened after a major rennovation, I%26#39;m not sure if they tour the old one down or what but I think the bad reviews are from the older hotel not the newer constructed resort. The waterpark looks great and the rooms on the website look really nice. MBConcierge may have more info just thought i%26#39;d throw in my 2 cents- hope you have a great trip!



MBConcierge I like dunes village resort


Toured Dunes Village in November and it looked like a great place for families with children because of the water park. Old building is torn down and I believe there is a 2nd hotel being built right next door.Great area of Myrtle Beach with many private homes nearby.





Dunes Village is about 4.5 miles from Broadway At The Beach,7 miles from Barefoot Landing and within 2miles of these restaurants, Carolina Roadhouse,Bonefish Grill,Villa Mare and Collectors Cafe. Myrtlewood Golf courses are 2 miles away.





Very easy to get to RTE 31, 17 bypass and rte 22.




Hey Denver,



I stayed at the Southwind Resort in October. It is 2 properties tothe North of Dunes Village. The Dunes was just reopening after a year of construction. The less than flattering reviews were for the old building.





For the record,.....the old building was not torn down. It was an older 5 or 6 story beachfront hotel. It was gutted and remodeled and incorporated into the present building. I%26#39;m positive of this being the case. I%26#39;m not certain if that means some of the suites will be nicer than others. I kinda doubt that.





I did tour the facility, and it is impressive. The water park is a nice feature, but don%26#39;t expect a disney like experience. I believe it is in a partially enclosed area, but not totally unaffected by the cold winter weather.





The only other critique on the Dunes is that there is a 2nd tower under construction next door (to the South). There will be alot of construction going on there for the for the forseeable future.





My personal recommendation would be to pass on the Dunes for this year and let them finish the facility and work out the kinks. I%26#39;m actually looking forward to staying there, but will wait until at least next fall...





Good luck



Gorski

No comments:

Post a Comment