Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Savannah, Charleston, Beaufort

Hi,



We are planning 7 days from 12/17-12/24 in Savannah, charleston and beaufort, flying in from New York. Does it make more sense to fly in and out of Savannah or Charleston? How many days should we figure on for each city. I would like to minimize driving if possible and rent by the day. Is there an easy way to go between the cities other than driving? Thanks for your help! If anyone has questions about New York, just ask me...I%26#39;ve lived here 20 years. Temma



Savannah, Charleston, Beaufort


The first bit of advice I%26#39;d give is to be smart about your flight arrangements. Charleston is historically (no pun intended) way more expensive to fly in/out of. In fact, even though I live 15 minutes from the airport here, I drove the two hours to Savannah to fly to Newark. So research well, my friend, as it may be the overriding factor in your plans.



With 7 days, I%26#39;d probably go with 2 in Savannah, 1(if that much) in Beaufort, and the remainder in Charleston. Savannah is beautiful, but pretty concentrated so you don%26#39;t have to worry about things too far out. With Charleston, there are the gardens, the beaches, and many other things to do and see that are away from downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment