Friday, March 30, 2012

MB TV commercials......

I live in the NE and this is the first year I%26#39;ve seen TV commercials soliciting visitors to MB. They just started %26amp; are geared to snowbirds, golfers %26amp; winter getaway planners.





I have mixed feelings about this because I like the uncrowded winters....maybe they will soon be a memory.



MB TV commercials......


And so do the locals! :)





Its a double edged sword...in a way...as most hotels and condos take this ';down time'; to refresh everything...so makes me curious as to how and when they will continue to ';keep things nice';.





But then on the other hand, with all the building of new resorts, and everybody has to be larger and grander then the last...you do one of tow things, have more folks visit us during ';season'; (YIKES!!) or extend that season.....





the way the weather has been the last week or so...I wonder WHAT season it is! It%26#39;s like spring golf weather! :)





:)



MB TV commercials......


I%26#39;ve noticed the same thing here in Ohio recently. I%26#39;ve probably seen 15 Myrtle Beach commercials in the last couple of weeks on television.




me to......dont need the traffic in the winter. however i have notice that in the past few years the traffic is still a problem in areas around the beach.




The add I saw offered a free tank of gas. Tourism drives the Grand Strand, so naturally, they will try and get additional revenues during %26#39;off-season%26#39;. Winters will mostly attract %26#39;snowbirds%26#39; for long term rentals or families more (NC piedmont area) for a quick weekend getaway. I visit the North Myrtle area frequently during off season and the traffic is almost non existent compared to summer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment