Friday, March 30, 2012

Seascape Villas

Hi there... I%26#39;m looking for any/all kinds of information on HHI.

My husband, our 5 year old daughter and my in-laws are going for a week over Labor Day and staying in the Seascape Villas.

I%26#39;ve never been there and have tons of questions.... is the area a nice area? is anyone familiar with these villas? are there things to do? anything a 5 year old couldnt/shouldnt miss? Any must not miss places to see?

thanks!

Seascape Villas

There is usually a music presentation at Harbourtown that is kid oriented. You will need to pay a small entry fee to get into the Planation, but the harbor with the fancy boats is worth a stop. You will recognize the striped lighthouse.

Seascape Villas

We love HH and have been going for 14 years. When our kids were little we did the dolphin watch/crabbing trip out of Shelter Cove- lots of fun. Rent bikes- its an awesome island for that- very flat. The nature preserve is also very nice. We went to Savannah also- beautiful!!

Have fun!! Go to Wild Wings for great Wings!


Hi. My husband and our 4-year old son just returned from our vacation at Hilton Head and we stayed at Seascape Villas. The location was great for us, on S. Forest Beach near Sea Pines within walking distance of Coligny Circle which is considered downtown Hilton Head. Seascape is just across the street (S. Forest Beach Drive) from the beach which is accessible via a nice shaded walking path, maybe a 3 minute walk. Seascape appears to have been built in the 80s, and as for the villa itself, the one we stayed in (#3014) was badly in need of remodeling. However it did appear that others units in the complex had been remodeled and were much nicer inside. Ours was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath - very small bathrooms (with no electrical plugs in them) and the kitchen was also quite small, however fine for just the 3 of us for a weeklong stay. It appears there are also larger units (3 or 4 bedroom), which I would assume have larger common areas. The grounds of the complex are nice, heavily shaded with trees, including the pool area (there are 2 pools). There are several ponds (with turtles to feed) and also a small playground. My suggestion for things to do? If you enjoy being outside, rent bikes and explore the island%26#39;s many bike paths! We have vacationed here twice and really enjoyed biking the island. There are bike paths galore and it is very peaceful riding the shaded trails. I suggest renting bikes from Pedals. We have rented from them and from Coconuts-would not recommend Coconuts. Seascape is very close to Coligny Circle and we biked there one afternoon, enjoyed some frozen daquiris at the Frosty Frog Cafe (they have non-alcoholic for the kids) and then took in a movie at the one-screen theatre there. Lots of neat little shops for browsing too. Visit Harbour Town at Sea Pines - go to the top of the lighthouse for excellent panoramic views of the island. We enjoyed meals at Giuseppi%26#39;s (pizza) and Hudson%26#39;s (seafood). I have heard a great thing to do for kids is the Bubblegum Cruise (out of Harbour Town) however we did not make it as it was raining the morning of the cruise and we opted not to go in the rain. For our 4 year old, the biking (he sat in a child seat on my husband%26#39;s bike), the beach and the pool were enough entertainment. They also have several miniature golf places on the island, which we intended to do but ran out of time. Hope you enjoy your visit to HH, we have been 4 times and love it there!


iloveuf... thanks so much for your post. that was exactly what i wanted to know.

ive never been to HHI, but my husband and his parents have been there numerous times (not at Seascape tho). I cant remember exactly which Villa we%26#39;re staying in (I have the information, but its in my car where I cant access it). Id recognize it if I saw the pictures, but cant seem to find it online. all I remember is it is a ';fish theme'; and 2 bedroom villa. So, its probably very similar to yours.

My daughter is extremely excited about this trip and I plan on taking her on teh bubblegum cruise (weather permitting). She will absolutely LOVE that. this is her first real vacation and she%26#39;s soo excited, I just want to make sure she has a ball. She%26#39;ll be excited when I tell her there are turtles she can feed.

also, thanks for the suggestions on things to do/where to eat... I%26#39;m sure that information will come in very handy!!


Hi there...

Born and raised in HHI...you will have a great time!

Things my 5 year old daughter loves...

1. Captain Zodiac Dolphin boats. Out of Sea Pines in the South Beach area. These boats will get you at eye level with the dolphins.

2. Shell hunting. Once again in Sea Pines at South Beach...park at the Salty Dog walk to your right on the cart path and cross over the street when you see the open ocean park area. Walk to the right on the beach as far as you can go (500 yards). Go about 1 hour before low tide and it is an ocean wonderland.

3. Bike rides...she loves to alligator hunt in the Sea Pines Forest Perserve.

4.. Gregg Russell concert in Sea Pines (harbor town) Sunday to Friday at 8:00. Check seapines.com or greggrussell.com to make sure he is still performing on Labor Day weekend.

5. She is not a fan of the bubble gum cruise...hard to see the dophins and she can get Gregg Russell for free at the concerts.

6. Salty Dog at night for an ice cream and to listen to the music. This is great for everyone.

Places to eat...Truffles in Sea Pines, Aunt Chiladas near where you are staying and Sticky Fingers for ribs. They are all family places. You can get into some long waits at restaurants during labor day so if you decide on Wild Wings you might want to pick up your dinner and eat at home or on the beach.

It might be easier on everyone to drive into Sea Pines and rent bikes there. There are rentals at the Plantaion Golf Course (central Sea Pines), Sea Pines Center (close to Harbour Town) or South Beach near the Salty Dog Cafe. This would save you a long ride with a five year old if you wanted to tour around Sea Pines or hit the forest perserve.

Don%26#39;t let the $5.00 to get into Sea Pines throw you off...you will have lots of fun.


I also should have stated that you might want to put some vinegar or meat tenderizer in your beach bag. If there was a jelly fish sting with your daughter it takes the sting out.


thanks for the info vegas! Here%26#39;s a couple follow up questions tho...

1) I found a website for Captain zodiac Dolphin boats and, to be honest, this makes more sense for the reasons you stated. She can get closer to the dolphins, but mostly because if she can see Greg Russell for free, why pay the extra money. My question is.. one thing I cant seem to find is a price. Do you, by chance, remember how much it cost for the Zodiac Dolphin tour?

2) thanks for the in depth information on shell hunting. Especially the times and locations. You hit the nail on the head on that one... she LOVES seashells. I printed off your post so I can take that with me and I%26#39;ve already printed off the times of high/low tide for the week we%26#39;re there.

3) I%26#39;m staying at Seascape Villas... (btw iloveuf.... I found the villa. We%26#39;re at #3078 www.hiltonheadislandcondo.com/3078.html ) .... are they in ';Sea Pines';? I didnt think we were that close to South Beach.... how far am I from ';Harbor Town';?


and... as a p.s.

Vegas... THANK YOU for the heads up on vinegar. With my luck, she%26#39;ll get stung. And she is not a fan of pain. I took her to the dentist for the first time last week and you would have thought he was killing her. Again, my ';would have been'; migraine thanks you!


Hi...

Seascape is not in Sea Pines but you a very close.

There are two ways to get into Sea Pines from Seascape...I recommend going in the ';Ocean Gate'; of Sea Pines as there is much less traffic. From Seascape head south on Forest Beach go all the way to the end where the road vears to the right and you will see the gate. Go slow and there are signs everywhere giving you directions once in Sea Pines. There is even a map on the back of the pass they give you when you pay $5.00 to get in.

Harbour Town and South Beach should take no more than 15 minutes to get to from Seascape.

Captain Zodiac is very fun. I do not remember how much we paid but I know it was not a budget breaker. Having spent my youth on the island as well as 3 months a year there for the past 10 years I am not big on paying alot for these type of things. I am going to guess $20.00 per person. There is an extended tour that you can do which stops on Daufauskie Island. I do not think this is worth it. I prefer just the regular 1 hour tour.

I am a huge fan of Gregg Russell but the boat he uses (Vagabond) is huge, slow and hot.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.


I should have also told you about Shannon Tanner. (Shannontanner.com) He is a Gregg Russell knock-off...sings songs with the kids in Shelter Cove across the street from Palmetto Dunes.

This is fun when they have the fireworks show. In the summer the fireworks are on Tuesdays but I am not too sure what goes on in September. When you get to HHI grab an ';Island Events'; magazine and see if they are doing the fireworks.

This is a fun family night...crowded but fun. There are lots of things for the kids to do and see...make a necklace, get face painted or hair braided.

There is a mexican restaurant in Shelter Cove called San Miguels which has been and island staple for many years. They have a nice outdoor bar as well.

  • sound with linux
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment