Friday, March 30, 2012

Drive to Myrtle Beach from Orlando

We have a villa in Florida (www.evansvilla.co.uk just incase anyone on here interested in renting it) and are going to stay at our villa this July. My daughter has just got a job in the Palace Theatre show Le Grande Cirqcue show, and we want to visit her while in Orlando. Has anyone ever driven from Myrtle Beach to Orlando, and if so how long would it take. Is it better to fly and if so how much is the air fare.

Sue

Drive to Myrtle Beach from Orlando

MB to Disneyworld is approximately 10 hour drive, and that is going with the flow of traffic on I-95, which is more like driving the autobahn, the posted speed limit of 70 is merely a suggestion. 90 mph is more like it. Orlando to MB, flights should be rather reasonable and the airport is less than 5 mins from the Palace theater.

Drive to Myrtle Beach from Orlando

I have driven to and from Orlando from Myrtle Beach several times. In fact I%26#39;m in Myrtle Beach now and leaving in about 2 hours to drive to Orlando! Much depends upon when you are travelling. Since you will definitely need a car while you are in Myrtle Beach you may want to consider driving. Also depends upon your budget. Airline costs depend on when you are travelling as well. Myrtle Beach airport is very conveniently located, although it is more than a 5 minute drive from Palace. July is peak time in MB so you will have LOTS of traffic here. You can%26#39;t get anywhere quickly during July. Have you already found a place to stay while you are here? If not, try vrbo.com. As I said, July is peak time and places fill up very quickly.

I drove from Orlando last spring (through Daytona 500 traffic!) and it took about 9 hours. Although I prefer driving the Autobahn, the speeds on 95 are not as fast as the Autobahn. Sure wish they were!


WELL NO its not as fast as the autobahn, but in comparison to other interstates, when I drive 95 it is never under 85-90 and to Orlando going with the flow of traffic its more like 90-95. I was not meaning it literally.


amazing someone from ny knows more that someone who lives here everyday. ..........im with you on this one magiccat


I%26#39;ve driven from Smithfield, NC to Orlando in 9 hours and that%26#39;s a hour further than Myrtle would be! I freely admit I was going well over the speed limit and travelled at night when 95 traffic was way down. 11PM - 8AM.......... I looked up a round trip by air ($210-400)


i guess I should have been specific, North Myrlte Beach close to NC line, to Disney World All Star Resort, that was about 10 hours, little under. So where are you leaving from and where are you going to in Myrtle Beach, that could mean an hours difference or more. I would fly, if your daughter lives here I am assuming she has a car and you can use it while you are here.


Thanks everyone for their comments and information. I think that we will rethink the driving bit as 9 or 10 hours is a bit too long to spend driving during the 2 week vacation we have in Orlando. We will probably look at getting a domestic flight as the airport is so near the theatre.

My daughter does not have use of a car, but may have by the time she has been there 6 months. Despite what people think, dancers and entertainers do not get much money and I am not sure she will be able to run one while there. As we live in the UK she will not be able to bring her own car out to the US for the duration, which is a shame as she is used to being mobile.

Sue


A rental car for length of time you are here would not be too much, or just take a cab/bus.


90 to 95mph on average? I%26#39;ve never seen that...

We drive I-95 in FL with a truck slide camper %26amp; stick to about 60-65 to save gas. The first time I was worried about getting ';run off the road'; in FL but to our surprise, it seemed drivers were going a little slower in FL than in GA. My wife said maybe it%26#39;s because there%26#39;s so many seniors living there.

Can you drive 90-95mph? Sure, in the left lanes, but if you prefer to stick closer to the speed limit, you will be safe (and have plenty of company) in the right lanes. (This kinda blows the ';but officer, EVERYBODY was going that fast'; excuse.)


Just returned from Orlando today. And by the way, I may have a NY address but I also have a home in MB and have been coming here for over 15 years. My youngest son lives here as well. My oldest son will be getting married here in August and thanks to all the great folks on this site we were able to set up everything in 1 week!

As for the drive. I left Orlando (we were staying at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Seaworld) at 10am. We arrived in MB at 7pm. We stopped a total of 1 hour for gas and lunch. Traffic was moderate, some construction but nothing that required us to stop. We took 4 East and then 95 north to Florence, a small drive through the town and we picked up 501. Average speed was 68 mph. Jam packed mini van with 4 travellers is not the time to be testing how fast the car can go!

As for flying, we are a total of 9 family members and both drive and fly here on a regular basis. If you can get a reasonable rate for flying and don%26#39;t mind renting a car that is surely an option. I would not recommend you being here without a car. Attractions are far apart and it%26#39;s too hot in July to consider walking anywhere of great length.

Having spent 2 weekends of every month since September flying I%26#39;d rather drive. At least I can control my schedule and not feel like a cow in a herd of unloved cattle. Jut yesterday my husband left Orlando for Syracuse, NY and didn%26#39;t get in till nearly 1am. (He was at the airport 3 hours early with 1 piece of luggage and just made his flight) Lots of excuses from the airlines, although weather wasn%26#39;t an issue. However, I can say that Myrtle Beach is a nice little airport and has many friendly people working there.

So, there you are! Hope all of our suggestions have been helpful!

  • heavy makeup
  • .net
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment