Thursday, April 26, 2012

Coming in for a Concert...

I am driving in from VA for a concert at the NC Performing Arts Center. Hotels were VERY hard to find and I ended up at the Holiday Inn Express Ashley-Phosphate. I am very nervous about this because I am traveling with an 8yr old and 70 yr old. Are we going to be okay? I was planning on taking a cab to the show and back. Maybe taking a cab into Historic Charleston? I%26#39;m worried about finding parking. Any advice? I%26#39;m coming in on Friday.



Coming in for a Concert...


Your hotel is fine. Yes, you can take a cab to the show and back, and alos dowtown to the ';historic district';. But, if you have your own car, I would just drive to all those places. Parking won%26#39;t be a problem, especially this time of year.



Coming in for a Concert...


As usual, I agree with jpp.



But I%26#39;m a bit surprised that you couldn%26#39;t find a hotel nearer to the PAC. Try this link and see if you can find something closer. www.charlestonconvention.com/hotels.htm





Your current hotel is okay - it%26#39;s very convenient to Northwoods Mall, the Carolina Ice Palace, lots of shopping, etc. But it is a bit out of the way in my opinion.




Thanks for the advice. I feel more comfortable now. I don%26#39;t know why the hotels were so full. Maybe the show is sold out? A few of the hotels that were still available had pretty bad reviews from TA. And of course I don%26#39;t make a move without consulting TA. :)




Citadel Parents Weekend is this weekend. Perhaps that%26#39;s the reason you%26#39;re having trouble?? There do seem to be lots of new hotels by the airport, PAC, and the new outlet mall. I, too, am surprised.





Eliza


  • kiss lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment