Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Where to stay?

Hi,





First of all, I%26#39;d like to thank you in advance for all of your input. My wife and I live in Columbia, and love the Greenville downtown area. We will be coming up to see the Boston Pops on December 1st, and will probably like to hit the nightlife afterwards. We don%26#39;t really know where the nightlife is, but we were hoping to get a room withing walking distance of it if at all possible. Price isn%26#39;t really a factor, but we%26#39;d prefer not to have to pay $200 a night for a room. I appreciate and welcome any input that any of you have, and I look forward to visiting beautiful downtown Greenville again. Thanks in advance!





Greg



Where to stay?


Sounds like you want to be downtown. Hyatt and Westin are both on the main drag. I%26#39;ve stayed at Hyatt - it%26#39;s a typical Hyatt hotel- just fine. There%26#39;s also a Holiday Inn Express downtown that was quite good last time I stayed there. My favorite place in Greenville area is not in town- it%26#39;s on 85 - Mainsail Hotel. It%26#39;s actually an apartment complex that rents out nightly flats and they are great! You can get a furnished apartment for the cost of a hotel room - but you%26#39;d be far from town. Best wishes.



Where to stay?


I suggest the Westin Poinsett or the new Hampton Inn and Suites. The Westin is a high-end hotel that has been restored to it%26#39;s 1920%26#39;s splendor. The Hampton Inn and Suites is a very nice new hotel at Riverplace on the Reedy River.





They are both in downtown Greenville, and you should be able to get a rate under $200 at either place.

No comments:

Post a Comment