Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Crescent Keyes in NMB trip report

I posted this in the reviews section, but it will be a few days til it%26#39;s posted, so here%26#39;s my review to anyone that wants to go ahead and read it.





Ok. We left for North Myrtle Beach at 10:30 PM Tuesday night, Oct 10th. We arrived Wednesday morning around 8:00, took us about 15 minutes to find Elliott Realty to pick up our keys but we did it.





We got to Cresent Keyes with no problem. Went straight up to our penthouse which was Penthouse 4 (actually on like, the 13th floor). The penthouse was JUST LIKE the pics from the website. It was very tastefully decorated, immaculately clean and just beautiful. Everything was in excellent working order with the exception that the front burner of the stove kept going off. It was annoying but after you turned it off and turned it back on, it would work again. That only happened a few times. It was just what I was expecting it to be, very nice! I recommend Crescent Keyes to anyone thinking of renting a penthouse suite in the NMB area! The one we had was a great value and very nice!





OK. Onto the daily trip report!





Wednesday: We went to Wal-mart and got some groceries, came back to the penthouse and put it all away and went to the beach.... it was beautiful.... more breathtaking than I can describe. We played in the water awhile, walked on the beach and picked up seashells and took pictures. Went back to the penthouse and cooked dinner (cheeseburgers and bacon cheddar fries with ranch dressing).





Thursday: More beach time! I got up each morning at 6:30 to 7:00 and walked on the beach by myself as I couldn%26#39;t get anyone else to get up with me.... I always took a gallon storage bag for collecting seashells. The people were so nice walking on the beach. I was kinda wary of walking by myself in a different town not knowing anyone, but there were enough people out that I felt safe walking alone. Everyone was friendly and spoke a ';good morning'; to me upon meeting them on my walks. Very nice! I went back to the penthouse after walking about an hour and a half and fixed breakfast (cinnamon rolls) Everyone got up and ate and I cleaned up afterwards. We later went to the beach and back to the hotel for swimming in the pool and lazy river, and relaxing in the hot tub. We also drove up to Cherry Grove PIer and walked out on the pier and took pictures and videotaped the dolphins jumping up in the water. That was really neat!!! That evening, we went out to eat at TGI Fridays. It was ok. Nothing grand except for the bill. I think we paid like, $65.00 for 4 adult meals (my 10 year old decided she was ';grown up'; and wanted a ';grown up meal'; so my 8 year old wanted one too.... we agreed afterwards they would be eating kid meals the next time we ate out since it was much cheaper and they didn%26#39;t eat half their adult sized meals. ) My toddler ate half their fries, she was fine with that since that is usually all she will eat when we eat out. We stopped at the Bargain Beachwear store and looked around. We went back to the condo and went swimming in the pool and hit the hot tub.





Friday: Walked on the beach again early then came home and I fixed breakfast (biscuits %26amp; gravy, sausage and fried eggs). Woke everyone up and we all ate and cleaned up afterwards. We all showered and went shopping at Barefoot Landing. Decided the T-shirts were like, twice as much as the Bargain Beachwear shirts, so left there and went to some of the beachwear stores. I ended up buying like, 6 t-shirts for myself, a few shirts for the girls, and two for the baby. We came back to the condo and went to the beach and walked around. It was cooler Friday and Saturday so we didn%26#39;t do much wading over ankle deep. Went back to the penthouse and cooked dinner (Lasagna %26amp; garlic bread, mashed potatoes (the real thing... no instant here--lol) and gravy, corn.... it was great! Ate dinner and went to the pool afterwards, then onto the hot tub.





Saturday: Actually slept in til about 8:30 that day. We all got up and ate cereal. Done some laundry and cleaning. Went down to the beach to play in the sand and videotape. Went shopping later on in the day and then went out to eat at Applebee%26#39;s. The food was WONDERFUL there, and much more affordable since we got kid meals for the girls. I think we only spent like, 45.00 that day. Came back to the penthouse and took more pics of the sun setting. Cleaned the penthouse and packed.... :(





Got up at 8:00 and finished cleaning and packing. Left at 10:30, stopped at Mcdonalds for breakfast then hit the road back to Kentucky.





Got back home around 9:00 that night..... Saw TWO car accidents in S.C. and got stuck in traffic on I-26 for about an hour due to highway construction.





It was a great trip! We hope to go again next year!!!! LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!



My Crescent Keyes in NMB trip report


I forgot to add, we didn%26#39;t see ANY jellyfish our entire stay... :) in case anyone was wondering.



My Crescent Keyes in NMB trip report




Saw the pics of channel houses in Cherry Grove. Could tell you did some driving around and explored some.



Glad you enjoyed your trip. Hope you can go again. Maybe next time you can make it a summer trip. A full week. Hit some of the local restaurants. Warmer water and weather.




Tammy,





Graet review, I didn%26#39;t check out your pictures yet since I%26#39;m on dialed up, so I%26#39;m looking forward to viewing them later. I%26#39;m glad you enjoyed your trip!





Rich




Great that your trip met your expectations.





P.S. Hope your family appreciates all that cooking you did! Makes me hungry reading about all the yummy stuff you made.





I gotta admit....cereal, toast %26amp; lunch meat sandwiches are the extent of my cooking while on vacation.




Yes, go next year in the summer months............much much warmer water. How did you get your kids out of school, though??



Was this your first trip to Myrtle Beach ?



paula




Now, didn%26#39;t we tell you that you didn%26#39;t have anything to worry about???





There was always a chance, a slim one, but still a chance that something would happen to spoil your trip, so that%26#39;s why we used words like; usually, often, seldom, and sometimes, instead of words like never, always, and guaranteed.





Sorry about TGIF. Those chain restaurants can vary so much. Sometimes it seems as if it just depends on who%26#39;s doing the cooking that night.




Tammy, so glad you had a great trip!! And your pictures are wonderful!! Isn%26#39;t an early morning walk on the beach just the best!?!




Hi Tammy,



glad to hear your stay was in NMB good. I am also glad to hear your condo was clean and almost everything in order. I guess the major repairs and fall maintenance projects were over by the time you got there, unlike when I was there :-).



I agree with everyone who suggest a summer stay. Of course MUCH more expensive: for example the unit we had in September rents for $450 a week in the fall whereas it goesf for $1150+ during the summer. But the water and air tempreature is sooo enjoyable, it is a must do for anyone who enjoys the ocean.



Best regards,





Maurice




never underestimate the power of tripadvisor folks:





We put in a ';no hurricanes'; order during your stay!





I%26#39;m just shaking my head that after all the good advice you got on local eateries you stuck with the chain places. Next time check out some of the local%26#39;s favorite restaurants.





Glad you had a wonderful time but we all knew you would.




Tammy,



Great report! And I am SOOOOO glad that you put pictures to it! Funny how that really helps put across a point on a trip report!





While everything is fresh in your memory, you%26#39;ll have to begin planning your next trip here....and yes, even tho%26#39; summer is nice here....I really prefer late Sept or early Oct.





I do agree with Daddio that I wish you would have tried one of our ';local'; places instead of the ';chain'; restaurants. But keep that in mind for next time. River City, Ms. Fish, Bummz, just to name a few would have beaten (hands down) in not only $$ but quality of food at both Applebee%26#39;s and TGI%26#39;s.





See you soon!





Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment