Thursday, April 26, 2012

Advice for this weekend!

Hey Ya%26#39;ll! =) I am a ';newly transplanted'; southern girl....... recently moved to the Greenville, SC area. I am hoping to drag my husband to Charleston this weekend to celebrate our anniversary. I say drag because he attempted a home improvement project 2 weeks ago and severely sprained his ankle. We are both %26#39;Charleston virgins%26#39; and can%26#39;t wait to be turned on by all that Charleston has to offer. Warm weather, sunshine, good food, and southern hospitality are a wonderful start!





We plan to drive down Friday afternoon and return to the upstate Sunday afternoon. So that gives us Saturday to work a few things in on our first trip this historic city.





We would love to stay right in the middle of things but realize this is last minute and it might be difficult to find the perfect place. I am not too picky.........not worried about price........ CLEAN is my top priority. Okay, I am a little picky. =) My problem is I am unsure of where ';right in the middle of things'; is exactly. I do know we would like to take a carriage tour and see the battery. Hubby can walk now ............ tested him out during Fall for Greenville last weekend. He is pretty good after about 4 beers. =)





Any free advice would be appreciated! Talk to me!





CAN%26#39;T WAIT CAN%26#39;T WAIT!!!



Advice for this weekend!


What%26#39;s your budget? Want a hotel or a B %26amp; B. I%26#39;ve been recommending Fulton Lane Inn for B %26amp; B - it%26#39;s in a great location ( the ';middle'; of things), reasonable rates and small enough to be quaint yet very comfortable. For hotels - we like Charleston Place when there is a good special - otherwise, Mills House ( it%26#39;s reasonable, nice, and convenient). BTW - my advice is not free! Send me a check for $1000.00! LOL.



Advice for this weekend!


Yeah! There are tons of fun things that are going on this weekend for you to take part in. Which means.... the hotels are pretty full. We were having a pretty hard time today finding things for the weekend. My advice to you would be to come to the Visitors Center when you arrive in Charleston. We offer same day hotel reservations. You can always check to see what is available and make reservations.




Yes, I can see that things are very full for this weekend! Being a former Northerner (GASP!) I thought this was the off season. Welcome to the South!





Thanks to both of you for your input.





Don%26#39;t really have a budget because I was unsure of what to expect. At this point we might be able to drive part way this evening and then check with the Visitor%26#39;s Center in the morning. I would have loved to stay right downtown so we could eat, drink, and be %26#39;Merry%26#39; but I guess I will have to remain ';Lisa'; this weekend. =)





Bud41, if I get to whoop it up this weekend I might just send you that check for your %26#39;free%26#39; advice. But then, it will be signed Merry so don%26#39;t cash it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment