Friday, April 27, 2012

First timer needs driving directions from New Jersey.

Can anyone tell me the fastest driving route to Myrtle Beach from Northern New Jersey. We will be leaving on Friday July 28th. Also, what would be the best time to hit the D.C. area to avoid all that traffic I keep hearing about. Thanks in advance.

First timer needs driving directions from New Jersey.

It depends which main highway you%26#39;re closest to. If you can, I suggest you get to the I-95 and head all the way down to the 501 in South Carolina. As for the DC traffic times I couldn%26#39;t tell you because I live nowhere near there (Montreal). Sorry I couldn%26#39;t be more help.

First timer needs driving directions from New Jersey.

I have family that just drove down to MB from Philly and always dred that DC traffic. They left early morning on a Sunday and thought traffic was bearable going through DC. They drive down 95 to 74 to 401 to 9 to 17 for NMB. Avoiding 501 is the best thing to do if possible.


We live in Central Jersey and if we leave on a Friday at 2:30 in the morning we get thru DC and Baltimore with no problem.Avoiding 501 is good advice. Take 74 east around Lumberton N.C. to 410 S.,to 701S. then 9E. to 31S. which will take you to any Myrtle exit you need.

Not as confusing as it looks, just check it out on a good map.


Thanks for all the advice! We probably will leave around 2:30 in the morning to avoid the DC traffic. Tired but happy!


An addtional suggestion:

When you approach Baltimore from the north on I-95, follow the signs for the Harbor Tunnel, and then take 295 (Baltimore-Washington Parkway) toward Washington.

Just north of Washington, you can either rejoin 95; or, at that time of night, you can continue straight through on 295 and rejoin 95 south of Washington.

I-95 between Baltimore and Washington seems to be busy at any hour, day or night. It is a multi-lane stretch with lots of trucks. By using this other route you save yourself miles and aggravation.


My wife %26amp; I also live in NJ and leave early 1-2 AM. Last August there was construction on the 95-495 loop which resulted in bumper to bumper traffic at 4 AM!

Also to avoid Richmond, VA take I-295 which by passes Ricmond and rejoins I-95.

Here%26#39;s the link for I-295 ifo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-295_(VA)

The best way then to Myrtle Beach is exit I-95 in NC at I-40.

I-40 is best now that work on I-140 (Wilmington Bypass) partially

opened.

So that I-40 to I-140 to NC 133 to 17.

Here%26#39;s the link to i-140 info

http://www.interstate-guide.com/i-140_nc.html


Wow, thanks for all the advice!


We are from Baltimore-we refuse to even get on 95 on a Friday in the summer. We take 301 ans 295 all the way down past Richmond and get back on 95 right past King%26#39;s Dominion. Believe me we still get there faster than the drivers fighting the 95 nightmare.


Anga, that is a great idea. Do you get on 301 south by taking 97 out of B-more? Also, what would this route be like in the middle of the day. I know that 301 can have a lot of local traffic.


The best way from New Jersey is to hit I-95(unless there%26#39;s a bckroad that would be quicker to get to I-95) anyways Hit I-95 go all the way down through the coast til you hit Florence, SC then get off at Florence Exit at Florence @ David H McLeod Blvd. then go all the way till you reach Hwy. 76 then turn left stay on Hwy. 76 all the way then get on Hwy. 576 this bypasses the city of Marion in S.C. then 576 will run into Hwy. 501 and follow Hwy. 501 ALL the way till Myrtle Beach. And 501 isn%26#39;t backed up like everyone says you%26#39;ll be fine if you just stay on 501 because if you get off of 501 then you%26#39;ll get confused. UNLESS if you are going to North Myrtle Beach then after you get on 501 you%26#39;ll come up to the Conway Bypass S.C. Hwy. 22 this would be quicker to take IF your going to N. Myrtle Beach but other than that if your going to Myrtle Beach then just stay on 501 all the way.

The D.C. traffic should be fine as long as you get through there before 7 AM the usual rush hour. Hope your trip goes well if you have any questions let me know.

  • kiss lip gloss
  • lock file
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment