Thursday, April 26, 2012

requesting condo advise from experts

Hi! I%26#39;m looking for a 2-3 bedroom condo in or close to the %26#39;hotel district%26#39; preferably oceanfront but oceanview ok, for my friend and I plus 4 older children. We are on a budget but don%26#39;t want cheesy or sleezy... We won%26#39;t be traveling until July or August and are aware that it%26#39;s high season.. Thanks!!



requesting condo advise from experts


Well, I%26#39;m not one of the ';experts'; on here, but I%26#39;d like to suggest



you go to www.vrbo.com and click on SC, then Myrtle Beach. There



are LOTS of condos (privately owned) and they are all in pretty nice hotels. I%26#39;ve used two different condos from VRBO with wonderful



results. Take a look!! I%26#39;m sure you can find something!! Good luck!



requesting condo advise from experts


Thanks beachlady3. I%26#39;ve done this and several other internet searches already today. I always like to ask advise from local experts in addition to the web listings... Have a great day and thanks for the response... :-)






I agree with Beach Lady....www.vrbo.com is a great site that will allow you to see if that particular unit is available (and the rate) for when you want. A few places to seek out (IMO) would be Forest Dunes, Ocean Forest, Grande Shores, Long Bay, SouthWind Villas or Sea Island....there are others there too, but these properties are located in one of my favorite areas of MB......





:)




What do you guys think of the paradise towers at breakers?




I, too, would suggest going through vrbo.com



As for the Breakers-Paradise tower....that is very nice, it would be a very good choice.




Here are two sites for North Myrtle Beach. Ten to fifteen miles north of where I think you%26#39;re looking. Still doesn%26#39;t hurt to shop and compare if on a budget. That%26#39;s half the fun.



Older kids? NMB might be a bit lame for older teens. Ten to fourteen year olds would probably enjoy it. Laid back enough you can give them a longer leash and not worry too much about them. Well....You always worry but you know what I mean.





northmyrtlebeachtravel.com/book/query.html





http://www.century21thomas.com/index.htm




Thanks anybobnmb. I%26#39;m going thru all those listings today...geez there are tons of them. I won%26#39;t be booking until the end of this month to be sure, but I%26#39;m leaning towards breakers because of the kids activities. Has anyone out there stayed in the %26#39;W%26#39; 2 bdrm condo in paradise towers?




Jamaicanbob....



I really think you would enjoy the Breakers Paradise Tower (be sure thats what you are booking....you may want to check the reviews to the left)...one nice thing about that area is that you are close enough to walk to alot of things and just a short car/cab or bus ride to a number of other attractions, restaurants and theaters. One of my fav places to grab a quick bite, enjoy the ocean and listen to some good live music is located right next door to the Breakers...called Bummz Beach Cafe.





One word of advise....Breakers Paradise Tower fills quickly..so if this resort is one of your first choices I would go ahead and book, and then ask about their cancelation policy. If you find something you like better you can always cancel that reservation. This way you wont be dissappointed.





:)




Thank you... I got the feeling that we would need to book this right away. I did find a 3 bdrm 2 bthrm condo in paradise towers on vrbo.com. No prices for this condo out as far as summer 2007 listed on the site so I had to email the owner. If the price is ok, we will book immediately. Are there any negatives that you would be able to tell me about the property... or anything you think I should ask the owner specifically.. Thanks again for your help.




As long as you are IN the Paradise Tower...you%26#39;ll be fine. Its not that the other tower is all that bad, but it deffinately not up to par with the Paradise. If you do decide to rent thru a private owner, be sure to ask about linens and housekeeping services.....





:)

No comments:

Post a Comment