Friday, April 27, 2012

Hotel/B&B friendly for mom and 8-month old?

My husband, 8-month old baby and I will be traveling to Charleston in mid- November. We are looking for a quiet, friendly, clean hotel/B%26amp;B in the historic/downtown section, since husband will be attending conference and baby and I will explore, sightsee and nap. Any ideas or recommendations?



Hotel/B%26amp;B friendly for mom and 8-month old?


OK, I will apologize ahead of time for being the bad guy, but I would never take an infant to a B%26amp;B.



There will be others there for the quiet you are seeking, and there is to much of a chance of ruining it for the others with an infant that could act up at any time.





I think it would be a prime time for a quiet getaway for you and hubby...and a family sitter for the child.





Please don%26#39;t hate me :)...JMHO.



Hotel/B%26amp;B friendly for mom and 8-month old?


In reply to tomjadg%26#39;s message:





Not everyone with children has a choice to leave them with family. I will be traveling to Charleston in early Nov with my 3 1/2 year old. I do not have family that will watch her, my parents are in their 80%26#39;s and my husband%26#39;s family are in Scotland.





But regarding hotels we are going to stay at the Holiday Inn historic district because of the review it got and I thought it would be more child friendly.




Godlight:





HI Historic District is exactly what I was ready to suggest when I read your last post.





You made a very good choice. I recently visited a friend staying there - it%26#39;s a great place. You and your family will enjoy it. Easy and safe to venture out and about while your husband attends his conference.





The hotel is just a block or so over from the the Visitors Center. Walk over and grab some info, take back to hotel to plan your perfect Charleston visit as your baby naps. There%26#39;s plenty to see and do close by. Great little restaurants for lunch and dinner include Coast (just behind Rue De Jean- which, by the way, has the best mussels ever) and Baisl.





You are staying in a great location -and you%26#39;re going to have a great time. My one suggestion: I%26#39;m not a parent of an infant, but I do know the streets are rough (romantic cobblestone and all) and sometimes difficult to negotiate a stroller. If you don%26#39;t have one already, you might want to consider investing in a Snugli pack just in case.





Have fun and please report back to let us know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment