Thursday, April 26, 2012

Trip report

Hello everyone!



Just returned from our trip 9/16-9/23. Had a really great time!





Sat: Arrived at the condo at 4pm. Checked right in with no problems. Stayed at Crescent Shores.



Condo was just a little disapointing this time. It was clean but there were terrible scuff marks all over every wall in every room of the condo including the hallway, bathrooms, and kitchen. It was very unsightly to say the least and just made the condo look run down and dirty but I decided that it wasn%26#39;t going to ruin my vacation so I just tried to ignore it and move on.



Unpacked and ran to the store, then later ordered pizza from Ultimate California Pizza and hung out on the balcony watching the waves.



Sun: Beach Day! Sat on the beach all day. Heaven. Went to Great American Steak and Buffet for dinner. Very good. Then took a ride down the strip. Then back to the condo for more balcony sitting.



Mon: Another beach day! More heaven. Went to Margarittaville for dinner. Delicious. Walked around Broadway at the Beach then back to the condo.



Tue: Went to Charleston for the day and walked through the market. Went to the Charleston Crab House for late lunch/dinner.



Delicious. Back to the condo. More balcony sitting until rain chashed me in.



Wed: Beach day! Heaven. Went to Damon%26#39;s oceanfront for dinner.



Food was terrible, service was terrible. Don%26#39;t know what happened there, they are usually very good. Took a ride and stopped in at Grand Atlantic and ask to see a 4 bedroom unit. Got to see it with no problems then went to Southwind to look at their 5 bedroom units. Got in with no problem. 5 bedroom is awesome! Back to the condo and sat on balcony in a trance for 3 hours. Heaven.



Thur: Went to Hopsewee Plantation for the day. Had a good time. Had dinner at Creek Rats in Murrells Inlet. Very good. Then a round of putt putt where I creamed the entire group! LOL. Back to the condo.



Fri: Beach day :) :) Went to T-Bonz for dinner, rode the strip, then back to the condo to pack :(



Sat: Headed for home. Bummer.



Planning our summer and fall trips for next year. Can%26#39;t wait!





GiraffeE



Trip report


Hello GIRAFFEE



I noticed you went to Hopswee Plantation home near Georgetown ,thats a great place full of your history the tour of the house did the Rajean ( spelt wrong ) show you the house , when I took the tour she was very good and ver knowledgeable about its history . Did you stop off in Georgetown ? I stayed there this year and glad I did because very soon they will be building 1,000s of homes in that area and the old 50%26#39;s style will be lost . Shame to but at least I will have fond memories of it the way it was , I wont be going back now to Georgetown . Myrtle beach was fantastic in june / july just a shame that the Pavillion is gone at the end of this month , another bit of American history gone !!!



Trip report


About the scuff marks on the wall. I read something a while back about Fall beach trips.It%26#39;s not unusual to get a well used rental.



During the busy summer months it%26#39;s all but imposible to keep up with every little repair. Even more true if it%26#39;s a popular unit that%26#39;s rented week after week. The only time it%26#39;s empty is a few hours between renters on Saturdays. Not enough time to really scrub and and paint. I%26#39;m sure it was in great shape at the beginning of the season.



Have heard stories of condo owners making several trips a year to their condo for vacation and spending part of their vacation repairing and replacing.



Glad you didn%26#39;t let it ruin your trip. Great report.




harlyrider, I think it was rajean that gave us the tour and she was very good. We learned alot and I also had a good time talking with the lady outside that was weaving sweet grass baskets. We went to Georgetown last year and had a really good time there. We took the tram tour around town and then walked the waterfront area as well as some of the shops in town. It was a great little side trip. I think next year we will take the lighthouse/plantation/shelling boat tour. Just didn%26#39;t have time to get it all in this year. I am going to miss the Pavillion. My favorite ride was the haunted house. What a hoot! I think the powers that be might get bit in the arse over thier decision to remove the Pavillion. Time will tell.





pop, We have stayed at Crescent Shores 4 times in 4 different condo%26#39;s and this was the only one that looked bad. All the others were spotless and the walls were clean with no scuff marks to be found. I think the difference is that this condo is owned by Grand Strand Resorts and not an individual owner as the other 3 were. Lesson learned. No harm done. The beach more than made up for the scuffed up walls!





GiraffeE




Hi! We are thinking of staying at the Grand Atlantic in a couple of weeks. Could you tell me about it? Was it nice? I can%26#39;t seem to find any pictures of the rooms online.





Thanks!




travelizfun,



See my reply on your post ';Grand Atlantic';



Have a great trip!





GiraffeE




Obviously you like Crescent Shores to have stayed there 4 times! I own a condo there and when I went at the end of August, our hallway and berooms where there%26#39;s space, had many black streaks on the wall. That doesn%26#39;t take away from the cleanliness or great amenities of the complex or the condo. I touched up the paint while I was there and the whole condo has been painted completely 3 times and touched up twice since April 2005. I%26#39;ll paint it again this winter. As a general contracor, I know a little about paint and sheetrock and I know what happens when luggage, golf bags, toys, ect. rub up against them. Our place has wall paper on the kitchen and bath walls but we get ';skuff'; marks on the painted walls. I prefer USG or Gold Bond sheetrock and eggshell or satin wall paint on the condo walls but skuffs still come. We have a great cleaning crew and my maintenance man will take care of things not working and replace or repair them but our condo has been empty ~14 days in 19 months and right after or during the peak season, condos will often have scuff marks on the walls. Don%26#39;t let a few streaks ruin your vacation and if the next place you stay is nice and it%26#39;s busy and 2-12 people are there constantly with an hour or 2 of cleaning before the next group arrives....it won%26#39;t have bionic sheetrock or paint either!




We do like Crescent Shores. The condo%26#39;s are large, clean and comforatable. I love the big balcony and the washer/ dryer is a huge plus. Like I said, we have stayed there 4 times and every condo we had was spotless with no scuffs, peeling wallpaper, or dirty grime anywhere. I didn%26#39;t tell the whole story of this condo either. I didn%26#39;t figure anyone really wanted to hear about the condo so I left some issues out of my review.



This was the most dissapointing condo we have ever gotten there. I found a pack of crumbled up cookies next to the sofa,crayon scribbles all over a bedroom lamp, 2 inch thick layer of dust and grime on the hvac closet door, mismatched bedspreads and it smelled like something died in the frige. All that on top of every room having scuff marks all over every wall. It was very dissapointing to me and our guest. Condo World is getting screwed with their cleaning crew and the people before us that had to pay for the departure cleaning got taken as well. I know these places take a beating during high season but it is obvious that Condo World does not make any effort to spruce up thier condo%26#39;s every few weeks like owners do, and from now on I%26#39;ll make certain that I get a condo that they don%26#39;t own. Like I said in my review, lesson learned! LOL.





GirraffeE




All you had to do was say Condo World...that tells the story! Their website set-up screams turn around at the door.




Actually I just visited their website and it%26#39;s much improved over what it was the last time I visited 8-10 months ago; I guess it doesn%26#39;t scream turn around at the door any longer. There is in my opinion a marked difference in most of the pictures of their condos for rent and other sources in the same complexes.




We used Condo World to rent our condo last year and I thought they were very nice, friendly and very helpful. Last year we were origionally booked at Sea Watch but we got to that condo took one look and walked out. They worked really hard to make me happy by showing me 2 other condo%26#39;s before showing me the condo at Crescent Shores. They stayed late to make sure I was satisfied and called the next day to ask if I needed anything. Just wish they took the same time and effort to keep their condo%26#39;s in better shape. But now I know, so if I ever do use them again to rent a condo I will make sure it is NOT one of theirs. Grand Strand Resorts has the best web site for Crescent Shores IMHO.





GiraffeE


  • kiss lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment