Thursday, April 26, 2012

Need Restaurant Suggestions in Charleston

I am taking my husband to Charleston for his birthday for 3 nights. This is our first trip there and we are so excited. Need a restaurant recommendation for his birthday dinner. Something nice with great food (we love just about all foods) not too stuffy atmosphere. We also need two more restaurant recommendations for our stay. Thanks.

Need Restaurant Suggestions in Charleston

For a upbeat evening with plenty of pulse, choose Basil. The atmosphere feels so cosmopolitan. Always a wait-but that is a great part of the fun! Delicious Thai food.

I must say that Fulton Five is a treasure. It is a wonderful culinary experience...but might fall under stuffy-depending on your definition. It is extemely intimate. Service is unbelievable. Food out of this world. The guys will generally wear a jacket over a sport shirt-and it is not inexpensive. However, whenever I am asked where I want to go for a special occasion-that is it. Call for reservations if you decide to eat here. It will be your evening.

For lunch, I would recommend Grill 225. The atmosphere is perfect-service and food, WOW! At night it is super chi-chi and $$$$...lunch is the way to go. Waiters in white jackets and rolling trays deliver your yummy lunch. You feel like a movie satr while you are there. Splurge on dessert. The bread pudding...ahhhhh.

Hope this helps. Happy Birthday and Have fun.

Need Restaurant Suggestions in Charleston

I liked both California Dreaming and Magnolia%26#39;s. I read a review from Southcarolinadining.blogspot about Magnolia%26#39;s and tried the Buttermilk Chicken.. Fantastic!!


for me, the peninsula grill is the best ';special night'; restaurant. prices low compared to others with the same type food - and the food and atmosphere is GREAT.

i also like basil, but the constrcution on king street is a mess now, and it is noisy so maybe not so romantic.

other special places McCrady%26#39;s, The Oak.

Cru Cafe, a jewel, lunch great, homemade everything, i wish the chairs were a little bigger, but the food is fantastic. the mac %26amp; cheese and homemade bread pudding I could live on!!

SNOB, blossom %26amp; magnolia%26#39;s, pretty typical, nice location. i love the gnocchi at blossom%26#39;s.

jestine%26#39;s for sunday pot roast, vickery%26#39;s (the shem creek location if you want to try and eat outside)

grill 225 is overpriced to me, decent food, but the peninsula grill beats it and is much cheaper. do go to the top of marketplace pavillion for a drink ($$) and great sunset view


My vote for a special birthday dinner would be Roberts of Charleston. You get food, drinks and live entertainment. The atmosphere is fun and festive but also upscale and nice.


Oh do tell about Robert%26#39;s! Sounds like just what the doctor ordered!


JuJu, you%26#39;ve probably already gone to bed, but I wanted to wish y%26#39;all a great trip this weekend. Don%26#39;t try to drink it all in this trip, just try to get a good ';lay of the land'; and enjoy the weekend for what it is.

I%26#39;ve never been to Robert%26#39;s, and unfortunately probably never will, but I have only heard great things about it. Expensive, like 80-something per person, but well worth it.

Have fun.

Be safe.

Have fun.


Thanks, Floski!

Alas, I am NOT in bed. I am a night owl! My hubby will be doing the driving while I sleep tomorrow morning. =) I will be up half the night planning and packing. I have spent the entire day on the net researching our Charleston possibilities!

I just found Robert%26#39;s online ........... egads, you are right! Very pricey and not quite what I had in mind, though if I weren%26#39;t so frugal I am sure I would love it. I am looking for more casual local eateries with fun southern dishes for us to try. Give me your top 3.......... lunch upon arrival, dinner Saturday night, and lunch Sunday.

And don%26#39;t worry about me and the alcohol..........just looking forward to a glass of wine with dinner and a fun rum drink for dessert. =)

  • white hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment