Friday, April 27, 2012

Pet Friendly

Any know of any pet friend hotels in Myrtle Beach area that is ocean front? I know pet friendly accomodations are limited but just wondering what other people have found.

Pet Friendly

I found a website a year or so ago that is a good place to start: www.petswelcome.com

It lists a few individual hotels in the MB area and some national chains as well.

By the way, I recognized ';Lowell, NC';. We%26#39;re just down the road in SC. I%26#39;ve been driving to Charlotte most weeks this summer and have seen the exit for your town many times. Nice to see some ';neighbors'; on here.

John

Pet Friendly

Unfortunately they are none of the resort type hotels that will allow pets on that website. I have found a couple condos or houses so far. I can understand why but it sure would be nice to take my sweet Bichon Lulu. Next summer if time permits, as we have 2 Disney trips planned, we are hoping to just rent an ocean front house @ Carolina Beach.

I have always lived in Belmont or Lowell. I love it but then again this is home.


We%26#39;re lucky that we%26#39;ve got a neighbor who loves our dog, and she loves visiting as well.

We%26#39;ve also got 2 trips to Disney planned in the next six months. Actually, my first time to the Orlando area, and my wife hasn%26#39;t been there since she was about 12. As adults with no kids, we%26#39;re going to be kids ourselves! A bit off topic, but this seems to be your post anyway.

home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-barth has some pictures of my dog, the only daughter I have.


Here is a web site for it.

http://www.funbeaches.com/pets.html


Don%26#39;t worry Barthy I have a problem staying topic sometimes.

When are you going to Disney? We have not set any dates but I want to go sometime late April or early May and then during the fall. We absolutely love Disney and try to go once a year. Even though we have a 7 year old (nephew but had him since day he came home from hospital) we still act like kids. I am sure you have done lots of research but if you want any website and other message boards send me an email (disneynutangie@yahoo.com) or send me an email if you just want to talk about Disney. I am crazy for it...lol. My hubby says a little obsessed and yeah he is right.

Looked at your poochie and how sweet. I would love to take Lulu to the beach next summer so she can play around on the beach early mornings and late evening. Notice a sheriff car in the bacground. You or someone in your family work in the law enforcement. My husband is a city police officer within Gaston County.


Hey Angie,

I sent you an email over the weekend. Looking forward to reading your posts in the future as we seem to have some similar travel interests.

John


When I was there last month, I saw many ocean-front motels that advertised that they allow pets. They were nothing fancy though, certainly not the resort type... just your basic motel accomodations. I wish I could remember the names of some of them.


I recall seeing a couple of those. I was hoping to find a resort. I can understand why.... hotels get worn out and you throw a pet in and especially one that is not well trained and its disaster. Imagine the complaints then....not that I am saying a complaint is not valid because I have had my share. I think next summer if time allows we are going to try a home rental @ Ocean Lakes campground and take our little poochie.


Compass Cove is pet friendly. I stayed there in August. I didn%26#39;t bring my dog, but they do accept them. They have a cute little area w/a fire hydrant and doggie bags. Not a bad hotel either...I enjoyed my stay there.


Another option is a condo or house through VRBO website. If you are renting in the off season some will rent nightly or for a weekend. There are lots of pet friendly places.

  • kiss lip gloss
  • with relationship advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment